Pete the Pea has left his pod in Hudson, NY to embark upon the journey of a lifetime! He will accompany me in my studies of religion in Berlin. Every new experience and landmark we come across will be documented here. Although Berlin is our main destination for the next 4 months, we hope to make it to many other places in Europe as well. We don't know what great things await us or what challenges lie ahead but we are very excited to share them all with you! Not to mention how incredibly grateful we are that you are checking in on Pete, one pea out of the many on earth.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ich bin Deutsche

What I love about city life. The random, delightful human experience you witness constantly. 
I officially feel german, I've eaten currywurst.
"The Bird" is the word, ya'll. Oh man, this burger place was so delicious. I got the birdhouse burger and Gina had the mushroom burger. The fries were like no other! Oh man, food baby for sure. 


New day, more food.

I <3 Mauerpark!!!!! 

It's a huge flea market with tons of food vendors as well. Going to Mauerpark and not eating is like going to the dentist and not getting your teeth cleaned, it just doesn't make any sense. Best food around, for sure. First up, bratwurst.
Next a Turkish food. I have no idea what it was besides meat, lettuce and some kind of sauce wrapped up in a crepe. A flavor I have never experienced. 
But as you can see, it was made fresh from mama's
One of the most unique and delicious things i have ever eaten, hands down. Take me to the Caribbean, at least i think that is where it is from. Vegetable fried rice, black eyed peas, some kind of vegetable sauce, chicken wings and grilled plantains. OH. MY. GOSH. I had dated the brat and the crepe before this and still manages to devour this entire bowl. That good. 
The beautiful hands that crafted this amazing meal. I am just now realizing there is a flag and I believe it is the flag of Ghana. So sorry Caribbean, but take me to Ghana. 
Buying food and random things at the flea market made me just so happy. I couldn't stop smiling. I would've gotten a tattoo in theta moment when I was high on life that said "I <3 Mauerpark" I'm so not joking. 
Sometimes flying solo allows you to go that much higher. 

Put your wings on and soar. You never know where you'll end up. "Let the wind take you"

<3 Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment