Pete the Pea has left his pod in Hudson, NY to embark upon the journey of a lifetime! He will accompany me in my studies of religion in Berlin. Every new experience and landmark we come across will be documented here. Although Berlin is our main destination for the next 4 months, we hope to make it to many other places in Europe as well. We don't know what great things await us or what challenges lie ahead but we are very excited to share them all with you! Not to mention how incredibly grateful we are that you are checking in on Pete, one pea out of the many on earth.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cloud 9

Today I cannot contain my joy. I am so incredibly happy. I woke up to a snapchat (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's an app on my phone that other people can send me pictures on) from two cherished friends saying they loved me. They live a few hours away from each other and were having a mini reunion. I felt like part of it and felt so loved. 

After that I opened an campus wide email, which was an invitation to play soccer with a staff member, Zoltan, and his two young sons. Not having played in too long, I got myself up and around, got breakfast and headed to the mini field. There was a group of about 10-12 students. Most playing, some watching. I jumped right in. Zoltan's oldest son, who was maybe about 9, was one of the best ones out there. The people playing weren't people I usually surround myself with and it was great to feel part of the community in a new way. 

At one point our goalie was complaining about being hungry and wanting to go to lunch. He said, "food is a necessity!" Zoltan replied seemingly annoyed, "come on, there is no greater necessity right now that the game of football!" In thinking back to that moment now, it couldn't have been more true. 

After soccer, we played this game called Kubb, or Vikings Chess. It is an awesome outdoor game! One to add to the must have list! 
This is what the set up looks like. You have to knock down the the blocks with the rods. The game took almost an hour because it is more complex than just knocking down all of the blocks, but it was a game all could play and was really fun!
After playing the loyal game that's been with me for life and a new game with a new community, I am finding myself on cloud nine. In case you are doubtful...
My life = The life

Hallelujah
<3
Abbey


No comments:

Post a Comment