Pete the Pea has left his pod in Hudson, NY to embark upon the journey of a lifetime! He will accompany me in my studies of religion in Berlin. Every new experience and landmark we come across will be documented here. Although Berlin is our main destination for the next 4 months, we hope to make it to many other places in Europe as well. We don't know what great things await us or what challenges lie ahead but we are very excited to share them all with you! Not to mention how incredibly grateful we are that you are checking in on Pete, one pea out of the many on earth.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Philharmonie

I bought tickets to the Philharmonie about a month ago. (The Belrin symphony.) They sent me my ticket in the mail. I felt so official. The concert was on a Thursday so I had to work all day before. On the boat there was a woman who was friends with Kerstin. She brought homemade chili con carne. I cannot tell you how amazing it was to be eating homemade food. Seriously I devoured it.

Is is a boogie? Nah just paint!
My lips are sealed...literally. They were so dry haha
Getting ready for the symphony.
Pete and I so excited!
Although I ended up having to leave Pete at home because I didn't want to take a bag. Kind of cruel of me, but it was nice not to have to carry anything for a change. Everything fit in my pockets!
The Philharmonie!

The inside was so complex.
Still complex
 Check out that organ




 I couldn't take a good picture to save my life. I'm sure I looked like a fool trying to take pictures too





 Colorful halls
 up close
 Fun fun!
 Lit up outside!

I was really tired from working all day and almost fell asleep at one point, but they were fantastic. I was sad that my favorite thing they played was the first song, that was a bummer, but overall a cool experience.

Pete and Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment