Pete the Pea has left his pod in Hudson, NY to embark upon the journey of a lifetime! He will accompany me in my studies of religion in Berlin. Every new experience and landmark we come across will be documented here. Although Berlin is our main destination for the next 4 months, we hope to make it to many other places in Europe as well. We don't know what great things await us or what challenges lie ahead but we are very excited to share them all with you! Not to mention how incredibly grateful we are that you are checking in on Pete, one pea out of the many on earth.

Monday, March 2, 2015

A briefing on this weekend

On Saturday, I worked on the ship all day because no one was there Thursday. I scraped tape off windows and vacuumed metal scraps from the deck. Kinder chocolate being the perfect energy source. 

It was on the way home Saturday that I closed such a dear friend to my heart these last weeks. The end of "Small Victories." (I will admit that I was disappointed in the story she chose to end the book on, but overall a great read.) Pete marking the moment with me. 
When I finished, I had been on the S-Bahn for 15 minutes. Looking up I realized there was graffiti on my window. I felt sad about how consumed in the book I was to not have noticed.
But when I finally did, I was intrigued by the indistinguishable art.
Later that night, Gina and I went to this restaurant/bar to listen to live music. We thought it was going to be jazz, but it seemed more french-esque to me. Despite being the youngest ones in the place, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will be hitting that spot regularly.  

I don't remember when exactly this next picture was taken, but it is just another magical moment in the city. A mother walking her daughter on a bike. I thought about how much balance the young girl had to have and the strength the mother had to have to keep the bike stable. How they were working together. How effortless it looked. How they could be using the bike to quickly get to their destination, but were embracing the moment and walking/riding slowly instead.

Still embracing every moment this city and its people share with me <3

Pete & Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment