Pete the Pea has left his pod in Hudson, NY to embark upon the journey of a lifetime! He will accompany me in my studies of religion in Berlin. Every new experience and landmark we come across will be documented here. Although Berlin is our main destination for the next 4 months, we hope to make it to many other places in Europe as well. We don't know what great things await us or what challenges lie ahead but we are very excited to share them all with you! Not to mention how incredibly grateful we are that you are checking in on Pete, one pea out of the many on earth.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Doner

So you can get a Doner Kebab anywhere in Berlin. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab

There are stands everywhere. It is technically a Turkish food, but they were even in Budapest, so I'm assuming they are all over Europe. The one I had in Budapest was better than both of the ones i've had in Berlin, I'll let you know how they compare in the one I will be eating in Istanbul. 
I was really hungry after working on the boat and couldn't resist. 
I was really proud of myself because I managed to do the entire purchase in German without the people switching to english. Was equally as excited to eat it, clearly.
It was massive. 

And so incredibly delicious. 
Even the pigeons were after me. 


<3 Abbey



No comments:

Post a Comment