Pete the Pea has left his pod in Hudson, NY to embark upon the journey of a lifetime! He will accompany me in my studies of religion in Berlin. Every new experience and landmark we come across will be documented here. Although Berlin is our main destination for the next 4 months, we hope to make it to many other places in Europe as well. We don't know what great things await us or what challenges lie ahead but we are very excited to share them all with you! Not to mention how incredibly grateful we are that you are checking in on Pete, one pea out of the many on earth.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Successful Sunday

Waking up not wanting to go to church, I forced myself and come home with these. I didn't know what the drawing said until I was able to look it up once at home....'Gott nähe zu sein, ist mein ganzen Glück' Psalm 73:28. To be near God, my whole happiness. One amazing kid.
Seeds. Soil. Sun. 
Just three days later, bloom.
I was invited to go to a jazz concert with some friends. I was taken to this warehouse, when I went inside, i couldn't believe it. In this warehouse they renovated pianos. there were piano parts everywhere. and a stage set up with a beauty at the forefront. 
Simple structure.
So many gadgets.
accidental beauty.
Captivated by the crane.
Still don't know why.
The concert was different. The group was good, but not what I expected. 

The sky on the way home lit as if it were sunrise. 
Couldn't believe it. 
Life is so unexpected.

Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment