Pete the Pea has left his pod in Hudson, NY to embark upon the journey of a lifetime! He will accompany me in my studies of religion in Berlin. Every new experience and landmark we come across will be documented here. Although Berlin is our main destination for the next 4 months, we hope to make it to many other places in Europe as well. We don't know what great things await us or what challenges lie ahead but we are very excited to share them all with you! Not to mention how incredibly grateful we are that you are checking in on Pete, one pea out of the many on earth.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Successful Saturday

Another field trip! 

Yesterday, one of the first things I saw in the Film museum was a nun in the gift shop. This is the first nun I've seen in Berlin. It prompted Gina to ask, "You ever think about becoming a nun?"
I hesitated, then responded, "Actually I have, but a long time ago."

One of the greatest mentors in my life, my second and third grade teacher from St. Joseph Elementary School, Mrs. Gastineau, once told our class that she came really close to becoming a nun. There was part of me that really admired her for that. So much so that it made me really consider becoming one. Mind you, this was around the time I was entering middle school. Thinking about it now, me as a nun would just be a huge contradiction haha!
The first room in the museum was a room full of screens with mirrors as walls. I was way more consumed with the design of the room than the films being projected. This image reminds me of how many parts there are to a person, an infinite amount. You can always go deeper into yourself and you never know what's beyond the flesh of another. 
Really digging the mirrors haha. 
This is the actual room. 
Coming out of the film museum my artificial dream of becoming an actress gained a boost of confidence haha!
After the museum I was randomly craving burritos. Gina and I remembered this one place that we often pass on the tram. She was going to explain it and I said, "Oh the place with the bean in the hat!"
Bean and pea, fast friends. 
It was delicious. A little spicy, I'll probably get a less spicy chicken if we go back, but it was really, really good. Especially the fresh tomatoes. I could've eaten a whole bowl of those tomatoes alone. 
Sippin that hibiscus lemonade. 
On our way home we made a pit stop at the mall so I could go to the ATM. I managed to take a fly by shot of what I like to call the meat market. This is a food stand in a mall, a deli. I still am not used to this one. 
Saturday's events didn't stop there! I ventured out to Girl's Town at club Gretchen. It was SO much fun and I'm not one for night life!
Taking the world by storm. 
<3 Pete & Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment